Monday, November 18, 2013

Color Psychology



We learned some really interesting things on color theories and how they affect each and any one of us. No matter how old we are or where we come from, we all have to admit that there are actually some colors that we've seen affect us either emotionally or mentally.
And I guess it's just the same for me. Today the sky had a hazy grey slump to it, but even if I really did love how nice and cool it felt, I could't really escape from the brooding weight I felt on my shoulders; I was feeling pretty glum by the end of the day.

The way that colors affect us lots of different ways is really surprising. In advertisements, people use colors to emphasize moods like excitement and joy by using bright, happy colors to draw people in and buy their things. A example would be with people selling energy bars. They'd use brown and blue a lot to emphasize the chocolate flavored bars, the brown to show that it was healthy and the blue to show the cleansing it would do to your body to keep you healthy.


This place would describe the use of colors in advertisements.




No comments:

Post a Comment